The following data protection information is intended to inform the users of this website by the website operator Gosdin, Carstensen & Partner Patentanwälte PartG mbB, Adam-Stegerwald-Str. 6, D-97422 Schweinfurt, Germany, of the type, scope, purpose and use of personal data collected. In this context, the users are informed about the rights to which they are entitled as well as about technical and organisational protective measures which have been taken by the website operator and which relate to the processing of their data. Furthermore, clients are provided with information in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the EU-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This data protection information applies to data processing
Responsible within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 (GDPR), other national data protection laws of the member states and other provisions of data protection law:
Gosdin, Carstensen & Partner Patentanwälte PartG mbB (hereafter referred to as: Gosdin, Carstensen),
Telefon: +49 (0)9721 – 93 34 17
Fax: +49 (0)9721 – 93 34 16,
which is also a provider of services within the meaning of the German Telemedia Act (TMG).
1. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
(a) Principles on the scope and processing of personal data
Personal data pursuant to Art. 4 No. 1 GDPR, which essentially consists of
- Surnames and first names
- date of birth
- E-Mail address
- Telephone number / Telefax number
are made availableto Gosdin, Carstensen by the clients for the purpose of the mandate management and the mandate support and are used within the scope of a mandate agreement. These can be processed within the scope of the respective mandate for communication or correspondence with other law firms (in particular foreign law firms), authorities and courts. Furthermore, there are legal obligations within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. GDPR regarding the legal storage period and the storage of data for the purpose of documentation and preserving evidence.
(b) Use of the website
When you open our website www.gc-patent.com, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your participation and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the downloaded file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
Gosdin, Carstensen will process the above data for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a problem-free connection of the website,
- To ensure a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system safety and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. An entitled interest of Gosdin, Carstensen follows from above listed purposes for data collection. Under no circumstances, will Gosdin, Carstensen use the data collected for this purpose, to draw personal conclusions about you.
c) Use of the contact form provided by Gosdin, Carstensen
If you have any questions about Gosdin, Carstensen, please feel free to contact Gosdin, Carstensen using the contact form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address so that Gosdin, Carstensen knows who sent the request and can reply to it. Further information may be provided on a voluntary basis. Data processing for the purpose of contacting Gosdin, Carstensen is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent. The personal data collected by Gosdin, Carstensen for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after you have completed your request.
2. Data transfer
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. Gosdin, Carstensen will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims (to the extent necessary within the framework of the client processing and in consultation with the client) and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is legally permitted and required according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR for the execution of contractual relationships with you.
Gosdin, Carstensen will not transfer personal data of its clients to a so-called third country (states outside the European Union), except in the context of cooperation with foreign correspondent attorneys, which concerns the corresponding mandate and takes place to the required extent.
3. Social media plug-ins
Gosdin, Carstensen does not use social networks on its website for data security reasons.
4. Persons concerned rights
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by Gosdin, Carstensen in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of correction, cancellation, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, unless it has been collected from Gosdin, Carstensen, as well as the existence of an automated data processing system, require decision-making, including profiling and, where appropriate, significant information on their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to immediately request the retification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by Gosdin, Carstensen;
- to request the erasure of your personal data stored by Gosdin, Carstensen in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and Gosdin, Carstensen no longer needs the data but you need it to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to Gosdin, Carstensen in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request it to be communicated to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to withdraw at any time your consent once given to Gosdin, Carstensen. As a consequence, Gosdin, Carstensen is no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or place of work or our office.
5. Right of opposition
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for doing so which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by Gosdin, Carstensen without stating a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com
6. Data security
Gosdin, Carstensen uses the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within website access in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, Gosdin, Carstensen uses 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can recognize whether a single page of Gosdin, Carstensen's website is encrypted by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Gosdin, Carstensen also uses suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. The security measures of Gosdin, Carstensen are continuously improved according to technological developments.
7. Updating and amendment of this data protection declaration